Saturday 12 February 2011

Village Taxi Restoration

    Hello readers, J.P. here.
    I'm always very active in the field of appreciation for the Prisoner, and the past couple of weeks have been no different. Amongst my collection of Prisoner memorabilia and mechandise, are two die-cast models of Dinky Mini-Mokes, one being a Village Taxi - Mini-Moke, whilst the other is a green Army Mini-Moke. Both had fallen into disrepair, which is extremely lapse of me, to let them fall into such a state. Mind you they are 44 years old, and showing their age.
    So I decided that it is high time that I restored the Village taxi Mini-Moke to it's former glory, and re-condition the army Mini-Moke by turning it into a Village taxi. The original Village Taxi - Mini-Moke I have carefully repainted, and have given a 'Vote for No.6' placard. Whilst the once green army Mini-Moke I have painted in Village livery, with the addition of a canopy, which I am in the process of making myself. Here is a picture of the two Village taxis at a stage of their restoration.
As you can see the canopy of one taxi has yet to be painted. Not as Dinky cars had the canopy, in red and white stripes, I will be painting the canopy in original taxi livery, yellow, brown, and white. Also the seats of the taxi will be painted yellow, brown and white, and the inside of the taxi will be finished in brown, making the models exact to the taxis in the Prisoner series. Also a new canopied Penny Farthing decal has been added to the bonnet. I am very happy with the progress of this restoration project. They will be the most exact models of the Village taxi, ever to be seen. And no, I had not forgoten the required addition of the aerial to both mokes!                                                                                                                                             
I'm Johnny Prisoner                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment