Monday 11 April 2011

The Prisoner Convention

    I had expected to enjoy myself at the Prisoner Convention this passed weekend, in fact I should have still been there this morning. The idea was to arrive at the Convention in Portmeirion sealed in a crate as like the way Nadia and No.6 arrived in the Colonel's office during The Chimes of Big Ben. Well I thought it a novel way to arrive at the 'Con.' But something went wrong, I never arrived! The crate was wrongly delivered, and I arrived at Aintree for the Grand National instead!!!!!!!!!!! It appears that my crate was put on the wrong lorry, mistook for a horse box. I dread to think what happened when the horse box arrived and was unpacked at Portmeirion!!
    Disappointed was I? No not really, because while I was at the Aintree race course, I put 45 work units on the Grand National winner Ballabriggs at 20-1. I was going to try and reach Portmeirion from Aintree, which is not so far away, but got caught up in the hysteria and excitement of the celebrations at Aintree. I did manage to borrow one chaps lap top, and logged onto Portmeirion's web cams to view what was happening at the 'Con,' which didn't appear to be a great deal. So in the end I think I had the better weekend, save for having to thumb my way back home along the motorway yesterday, but even that was Prisoneresque in it's own way!
I'm Johnny Prisoner

No comments:

Post a Comment